1. SAMUEL EVERETT3 PRESCOTT (JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Feb 16, 1824 in Appling Co, GA, and died 1897 in De Sota Co, Fl. Sebring, FL. He married LUCY PETERSON 1850 in Clinch Co, GA, daughter of JAMES PETERSON and RACHEL RICKETSON. She was born Mar 1829 in Telfair Co, GA, and died Aft. 1900 in Sebring, Highlands Co, Fl.
Notes for SAMUEL EVERETT PRESCOTT:
1830Census - Appling Co, GA
Samuel E. Prescott was born in 1824 in Appling County, Georgia where he is enumerated on the 1830 Census in the household of Jesse Prescott. Between 1837 and 1839 the family moved to Hamilton County, Florida where the household is listed on the 1840 Census record.
By 1850 the family had moved to Alachua County, Florida, but Samuel moved to Clinch County, Georgia where he married Lucy Peterson, daughter of James and Rachel Peterson. Samuel and family are listed on the 1860 census for Echols County, Georgia. He probably did not move. The Counties probably changed boundaries. He served as Echols County's first tax collector from 1856 until 1861.
In 1866 Samuel moved his family to the Joshua Creek settlement in Manatee County, Florida. He lived there about 3 years and then moved a little north to the Crewesville community (Now Sebring).
In 1870 and 1880 Samuel is listed on the census record for Manatee County, Florida.
At only 13 years of age in 1837 Samuel Prescott served in Capt. Samuel Swilley's Company, 2nd Florida Militia. In 1839-1840 he served as corporal in Capt. David R. Bryan's Company, Georgia Militia, during the Indian Wars.
On March 10, 1861 Samuel enlisted as a private in Company C, 7th Florida Infantry Regiment C. S. A. He was in the battles of Chicamaugua and Missionary Ridge, and the battle of Atlanta. His regiment was with General Robert E. Lee's army at the surrender at Appomattox in 1865.
***Note added January 29, 2015 - The above information about Samuel Prescott's Civil War Service came from the memorial marker place at his grave in 1976 by the Sebring Historical Society. Since this page was first posted in 2004 we have learned that our Samuel Prescott is not the one that served in the C.S.A. ***
More About SAMUEL EVERETT PRESCOTT:
Burial: 1897, Prescott Cemetery, Highlands Co., FL
Notes for LUCY PETERSON:
1830Census - Telfair Co, GA
Lucy was born March 1829 to James and Rachel (Ricketson) Peterson in Telfair county Georgia. By 1840 the family had moved to Lowdnes County, Georgia. In 1850 the family was in Clinch county and in Echols county in 1860. The family probably did not move; Rather, the county lines changed. Lucy married Samuel E. Prescott in 1850 - some say in Montgomery County. But they were living in Clinch County.
By 1870 Lucy and Samuel Prescott had moved to Manatee County, Florida. By 1900 the County had changed to De Soto. They raised their family there and in 1900 Lucy was still living next door to son, Hiram.
More About LUCY PETERSON:
Burial: Prescott Cemetery, Highlands co., Fl.
Children of SAMUEL PRESCOTT and LUCY PETERSON are:
AMES E.4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Sep 21, 1851 in Clinch Co, GA. He married (1) NANCY OREGAN GILLESPIE Dec 31, 1873 in Manatee Co, FL. She was born 1851 in FL. He married (2) MARTHA JANE BONEY Sep 17, 1892 in DeSota Co, FL. She was born 1875 in FL.
Notes for JAMES E. PRESCOTT:
Notes for MARTHA JANE BONEY:
AMES PRESCOTT and NANCY GILLESPIE are:
AMES PRESCOTT and MARTHA BONEY are:
ARY4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Jul 24, 1854. She married (1) HARRY ALLEN BOYD Aug 5, 1871 in Manatee Co, FL. He died Bet. 1885 - 1900. She married (2) ANDREW WILLIAMS Abt. 1893. He was born Jan 1858.
ARY PRESCOTT and HARRY BOYD are:
3. NARCISSUS4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Apr 22, 1855 in Clinch Co, GA, and died Bet. 1910 - 1920. She married WILLIAM PARNELL Abt. 1876 in DeSota Co, FL. He was born Abt. 1860 in FL.
Notes for WILLIAM PARNELL:
ARCISSUS PRESCOTT and WILLIAM PARNELL are:
v. RUBY PARNELL, b. Nov 1890, FL.
vi. FLOSSIE PARNELL, b. Jul 1894, FL.
vii. TRAVISON PARNELL, b. Oct 1896, FL.
viii. HEBRON PARNELL, b. Oct 1899, FL.
4. JOHN M.4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Jul 21, 1860. He married SOPHIA AUGUSTINE SELLERS Jul 31, 1884 in Manatee Co, FL. She was born Abt. 1868.
OHN M. PRESCOTT:
Children of JOHN PRESCOTT and SOPHIA SELLERS are:
5. HIRAM4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Jan 6, 1863, and died Bef. 1910. He married LOUISA DURRANCE. She was born Abt. 1863.
Notes for LOUISA DURRANCE:
IRAM PRESCOTT and LOUISA DURRANCE are:
6. HENRY PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) b. May 27, 1865.
7. LEMUEL4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Nov 5, 1867. He married JENNIE CREWS Abt. 1896. She was born Abt. 1874.
EMUEL PRESCOTT and JENNIE CREWS are:
8. ELVIRA4 PRESCOTT (SAMUEL EVERETT3, JESSE S.2, JOHN1) was born Apr 2, 1870 in Sebring, FL, and died 1958 in Sebring, FL. She married GEORGE GRANT BUDD Feb 27, 1890 in DeSota Co, FL, son of JESSE BUDD and FRANCES BARNEY. He was born Feb 28, 1867 in White Plains, NY, and died 1948 in Sebring, Highlands Co, FL.
Elvira Prescott was born April 2, 1870 in Sebring, Florida. In 1870 and 1880 Sebring was in Manatee County. In 1890, 1900, 1910, and 1920 Sebring was in DeSoto County. By 1930 Sebring was in Highlands county.
Elvira married George Grant Budd Feb. 27, 1890 in DeSota County Florida. They remained in Sebring and raised their 6 children there. After her husband died in 1948 she lived with her children until her death in 1958.
More About ELVIRA PRESCOTT:
Burial: 1958, Prescott Cemetery, Highlands Co., FL
Notes for GEORGE GRANT BUDD:
George Budd was born in White Plains, NY (Westchester County). A birth record has not been found but the information comes from his death certificate as well as a statement from his daughter, Mabel.
The family moved to Grant County Wisconson, Fennimore before moving to De Soto Co, Florida where he married Elvira Prescott in 1890.
More About GEORGE GRANT BUDD:
Burial: 1948, Prescott Cemetery, Highlands Co., FL
LVIRA PRESCOTT and GEORGE BUDD are:
Mabel Budd was born in Feb 24, 1907 in Highlands County, FL to George Grant and Elvira (Prescott) Budd. Her twin, Mabry, died at birth.
She married Devoe Smith June 14, 1927 in Sebring. They lived there until about 1935 and then moved to Emanuel Co, Ga. About 1950 they moved to Cochran, GA. She died Oct 7, 1980 from colon cancer. She lived the last few months in Ideal, Ga. with her daughter Mickey.
Mabel and her husband Devoe were buried together at Union Hill Methodist Church Cemetary, Cochran, Ga. on Oct. 11, 1980.
More About DEVOE SMITH:
Notes for MABRY BUDD:
Burial: 1907, Prescott Cemetery, Highlands Co., FL