Family Group Sheet
1. Abel3 Matthews (Ezekiel2 Mathews,
Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1792 in Laurens Co. SC, and died Jul 10,
1875 in Carroll Co, GA. He married Nancy Couch Abt. 1815 in Laurens Co,
SC, daughter of Joseph Couch and Nancy Ann. She was born 1797 in Laurens Co, SC,
and died Aft. 1870 in Carroll Co, GA. He was the son of EZEKIEL MATTHEWS
and REBECCA JONES.
Notes for Abel Matthews:
1800Census - Laurens Co, SC
1810Census - Laurens Co, SC
1840Census - Carroll Co, GA
1850Census - Carroll Co, GA
1860Census - Carroll Co, GA
1870Census - Carroll Co, GA
SEC DIST LOT NO. NAME RESIDENCE CAPT. DIST. COUNTY OF DRAW
2 1 54 Matthews, Abel Dekalb County Conns Muscogee County
REPRINT of OFFICIAL REGISTER of LAND LOTTERY OF GEORGIA 1827
57th DAY'S DRAWING-May 11.
CRAWFORD. page 180
Fortunate Drawers: Abel Matthews,
Captains District: Conns
County: Muscogee County
*Note by carrie..he lived in Franklin Co at the time.
Will and Probate of Abel Matthews (with notes) 09 Jul 1872 Carroll Co., GA
CARROLL CO, GA DIRECT DEEDS
Abel Matthews bought land from Abraham Miles of Harris Co, GA. Lot 216,
Dist. 5, 17 Nov 1841. Date of Ins. 26 Jan 1841. WD D 216. $100, 202 1/2 acres.
GENERAL INDEX TO DEEDS AND REALTY MORTGAGES, CARROLL CO, GA COURTHOUSE
Abel Matthews to Benjamin E. Matthews, dist. 10, filed 24 Oct 1858, Inst.
5 Oct 1858, Kind of Inst., WD, Bk. I, p. 140.
DIRECT DEEDS, CARROLL CO, GA
Abel Matthews to John Dean, Lot 216, Dist 5, 24 Jan 1844, Date of Inst, 31
Mar 1842, Kind of Inst. WD, Bk. E, p. 65.
Notes for Nancy Couch:
Information on Nancy Couch married to Abel Matthews from LDS FamilySearch.Com.
Possible father of Nancy Couch:
11th Day's Drawing - 19th March
1 18 65 Couch, Joseph - Franklin County, Cokers
Children of Abel Matthews and Nancy Couch are:
1. Benjamin Ezekial4 Matthews (Abel3,
Ezekiel2 Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1818 in
Laurens Co, SC. He married Mahala Beasley Oct 27, 1839 in Carroll Co, GA.
She was born 1820 in GA.
Children of Benjamin Matthews and Mahala Beasley are:
1. John H. Matthews, born 1841.
2. Nancy J. Matthews, born 1844.
3. Julia A. Matthews, born 1847.
4. Rhoda C. Matthews, born 1849.
5. Mary E. Matthews, born 1855.
6. George A. Matthews, born 1856.
2. Rhoda D.4 Matthews (Abel3, Ezekiel2
Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born Oct 1820 in Laurens Co, SC, and
died Oct 21, 1905 in Marshall Co, AL. She married Hugh N. Weir Jan 7,
1845 in Carroll Co., GA, son of John Weir and Isabelle Black. He was born 1819
in Carroll Co, GA, and died Mar 7, 1848 in Vera Cruz, Mexico.
Children of Rhoda Matthews and Hugh Weir are:
1. John Black Weir, born Dec 1845 in GA; died 1908 in Cleburne Co, AL.
2. George Hughy Scott Weir, born Aug 18, 1847 in Carroll Co., GA; died May
30, 1914 in Marshall Co., AL.
3. James C.4 Matthews (Abel3, Ezekiel2
Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1825 in Laurens Co, SC. He
married Rebecca. She was born 1827 in GA.
Children of James Matthews and Rebecca are:
1. Belinda Matthews, born 1843.
2. Sophania Matthews, born 1845.
3. Abel Matthews, born 1847.
4. William Matthews, born 1849.
4. Elizabeth4 Matthews (Abel3, Ezekiel2
Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1826.
5. Julia Elitha4 Matthews (Abel3, Ezekiel2
Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1830 in GA. She married
Lindsey Matthew Warnick. He was born 1832 in GA.
Children of Julia Matthews and Lindsey Warnick are:
1. Lucinda J. Warnick, born 1855.
2. Nancy Warnick, born 1856.
3. Elizabeth Warnick, born 1858.
4. Robert Matthew A. Warnick, born 1860.
6. Sarah Jane4 Matthews (Abel3, Ezekiel2
Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1834 in GA. She married Jesse
W. Collier Jul 23, 1857 in Carroll Co, GA, son of Thomas Collier and Sarah
Morris. He was born 1829 in NC.
Children of Sarah Matthews and Jesse Collier are:
1. Nancy B. Collier, born 1859.
2. Thomas T. Collier, born 1861.
3. Sarah R. Collier, born 1863.
4. Abel C. Collier, born 1866.
5. John L. M. Collier, born 1868.
6. Ulissis O. Collier, born Feb 1870.
7. Jessee A. Collier, born 1874.
7. Nancy4 Matthews (Abel3, Ezekiel2
Mathews, Thomas1 Matthews) was born 1836. She married A. G.
Williams Aug 9, 1866 in Carroll Co, GA.